Now Hiring: Brethren Church Job Listings
PURPOSE OF THE PASTOR
The pastor is the spiritual leader of St. James Brethren Church. The pastor serves as shepherd of the congregation and shepherd and leader of the church staff. The pastor provides overall leadership and oversight of the church through prayer, preaching, and teaching, spiritual care of the congregation, articulation of vision, inspiring and calling the congregation to the vision and goals of the church through equipping the body to do the work of ministry.
We seek a divinely gifted person of integrity, who is an accomplished preacher/teacher/communicator combining contemporary communication with biblical exposition. We seek a pastor who preaches with conviction, led by the Holy Spirit, such that they are willing to address and confront challenging questions and issues of contemporary discipleship, as well as social, justice, and economic issues of the day from a biblical perspective. We seek a pastor with a proven track record of successfully leading a church—a pastor proven to be a visionary leader led by the Holy Spirit. By success, we mean evidence of leading and inspiring people to own and fulfill the vision of the church, development of people for ministry, and releasing them to ministry through their spiritual gifts. We seek evidence of a shepherd’s heart, where they teach/model care and service, to demonstrate spiritual and emotional maturity, nurtured from life experiences. We desire a pastor who is authentic, approachable, teachable, relational, and a sense of humor wouldn’t hurt!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS OF THE PASTOR
- The pastor will be the primary preacher/teacher for Sunday services.
- Along with other staff, members of the Board of Ministries, and deacons, they are to be a shepherd to the congregation.
- The pastor is to pursue, clarify, and support a vision that prepares people to serve the vision and goals of St. James Brethren Church.
- The pastor is to lead staff, elders, deacons, and other ministry leaders to accomplish our vision and fulfill our goals.
- The pastor will develop, guide, and communicate a vision to the church.
- The pastor will be the public representative of the church.
- The pastor will minister through special events: Weddings, funerals, baptisms, infant dedications, and other occasions.
- The pastor demonstrates a clear call and commitment to serve and further develop the people of St. James Brethren Church.
- The pastor will be committed to the beliefs, values, and practices of the Brethren Church Ashland Ohio.
To Apply, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our rural congregation near Warsaw, IN, is now searching for our next full time senior pastor. Interested candidates can find more information about our congregation and where to send a resume by reviewing the attached job description.