Empowering Brethren churches to Love God, Love Others, and Make Disciples in North Western Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, and Iowa.
SUPPORT BRETHREN RETREAT
Looking for a way to bless God's Kingdom? Consider supporting Brethren Retreat at Shipshewana Lake in their goal to raise $12,500 by May 1st for new recreation equipment. Check out the items we hope to replace:
- NEW LAKEFRONT PIER - Current pier is from the 1970’s
- NEW WATERFRONT INFLATABLE - Replaces 25’ Aqua Jump purchased in 2000. Could be a different item. So many to choose from now.
- ULTIMATE FRISBEE GOLF COURSE – Reviving a previous activity
- NEW OCTABALL PIT - Replace our aging home built unit
- HAMMOCK STATION - New gathering space for campers to converse
- PEDAL GO CARTS - New activity to enjoy the paved Pumpkinvine Nature Trail. Also have considered a 4 person surrey bike for group fun
Your gift can help attract more students to the camping ministry and give them a great experience to be refreshed as they draw close to Jesus.
DOING SMALL CHURCH MINISTRY WELL
If you're serving in a small church, you have likely been frustrated at some point by the lack of resources that fit your setting. Many ministry conferences and resources assume larger congregations, which means budget resources and volunteer networks that can be difficult to translate to a smaller church setting. It can be frustrating, but we are not alone!
One of our own Brethren leaders in the Southwest region has created a helpful collection of resources specifically for "small church" ministry. Originally created to provide network and ideas for Women in Ministry, Laurie Acker's Creative Little Church is helpful for all volunteers and leaders of smaller congregations. Check out this ministry resource below and start making Kingdom impact with your people today!
REGIONAL LEADERSHIP TEAM
Your Regional Leadership Team (RLT) is made up of pastors and lay leaders committed to resourcing the local church for healthy ministry. We exist to serve and empower congregations by developing leaders, resourcing congregations, supporting church plants, and promoting healthy relationships between congregations in our region so that we might better Love God, Love Others, and Make Disciples.